Tuesday 2 July 2013

Dark Side of the Moonsnail







Who doesn't love the Moonsnail? Who can resist the geometric perfection of this elegant gastropod?
 I can't. I've been obsessed with collecting, photographing, drawing, casting, glueing and generally fawning over Lunatia Heros since I arrived in Cape Breton.


Lunatia Heros has been the star in shell mosaic frames that I once made in profusion:



She/he/it has inspired poetry:


...and other little books

...and boxes....



and more boxes...

....and cast paper  collages...



...and more recently...he/she/it/they have been the molluscs-of-the-month for 2 months in my 2013 calendar:


Meet Miss August


  
         


                                                 and Mr. October





Let's face it. 

Moosnails are nippleicious





They cast shadows that make us want to titter a bit, 
quietly, to ourselves. 
(Oh my. Did I say titter?)

See what I mean.












1 comment: